Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive cPanel price rises

cPanel are increasing the pricing for their licenses by removing their unlimited cPanel account licenses. cPanel are also introducing billing per cPanel account after reaching 100 cPanel accounts.

You can read more about this at the following threads on WebHostingTalk.

Massive cPanel price rises

Announcing Account Based Pricing

WTD: cPanel to Directadmin conversion script
    PlotHost likes this.
    Hosting Talk is hosted by HostXNow

They are greedy In my opinion, there is no real competition... there is no real alternative to cPanel.

Comment

Originally posted by FHCL View Post
      cPanel are increasing the pricing for their licenses by removing their unlimited cPanel account licenses. cPanel are also introducing billing per cPanel account after reaching 100 cPanel accounts.

You can read more about this at the following threads on WebHostingTalk.

Massive cPanel price rises

Announcing Account Based Pricing

WTD: cPanel to Directadmin conversion script
      Was only a matter of time before they did this after their partners WHMCS.

I can see many users switching to Centos Web Panel as you can migrate cpanel accounts

Comment

Could be a good thing if you do maths, what nasty host puts 1000's on one server! Bye Bye to the cheapo hosts!
        easyhostmedia likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HostOX View Post
          Could be a good thing if you do maths, what nasty host puts 1000's on one server! Bye Bye to the cheapo hosts!
          The cheapo hosts you see on feebay will just be using reseller, master reseller or alpha reseller plans, so will still remain

Comment

Originally posted by HostOX View Post
            It depends.

You can host a good 1,000 mixed static/dynamic sites fine on an 8 CPU server, especially when using LiteSpeed, Imunify360, CloudLinux and the like. You can double that 1,000 to 2,000 if you have double the CPU/MEM. It should not be for cPanel to say how many cPanel accounts can or cannot be hosted on a server because the load/usage can vary so much depending on many different things, IMO.

It would not be as bad if they still allowed unlimited license but just charged more for it if needed. It is easier for books, wise, etc.
            Hosting Talk is hosted by HostXNow

Comment

Our company has decided to boycott cpanel do massive price increase to cpanel users and software partners We feel these are very unfair trade practices We have partnered with other software makers to accommodate DTS-NET customers with even better solutions.

Comment

The new prices are going to hit small hosts bad as most will have more than 5 accounts, so from $15 to $30 is a big increase and a lot with over 30 accounts from $15 to $45 +

Admin
                Up to 5 Accounts
                $20 a month
                Ideal for a small to mid-level agencies and businesses, application developers, and web designers only needing a few accounts.

Pro
                Up to 30 Accounts
                $30 a month
                Optimal for mid-level businesses and large agencies that are growing. Allows for scalability.

Premier
                Up to 100 Accounts
                $45 a month
                Each Account above 100 Accounts $0.20 each

Created for data centers, enterprise level businesses, and larger web hosts

prices from https://cpanel.net/pricing/

Just did a costing if i was still hosting.
                My cPanel licence was $14.95 for unlimited accounts.
                I had 230 accounts on the VPS
                So my $14.95 a month would suddenly go up to $45 for the first 100 accounts then $26 for the remaining 130 accounts
                So an increase of $56.05 a month just for the CP licence alone

I would have most likely lost clients as i would have had to message them and inform them of at least a 50% increase in their fees

Comment

Webuzo, Webmin, Interworx, ISPConfig, VestaCP, CentOS Web Panel, Froxlor, DirectAdmin will be good options and as more money goes in to them away from cpanel!

Comment

Originally posted by dts-net.com View Post
                    Webuzo, Webmin, Interworx, ISPConfig, VestaCP, CentOS Web Panel, Froxlor, DirectAdmin will be good options and as more money goes in to them away from cpanel!
                    but as far as cPanel accounts go you only have 2 options DirectAdmin and Centos WebPanel as only these 2 will allow you to migrate cPanel accounts

Comment

Been testing DA since partnering, love the new theme and is pretty decent!

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Connect With Us

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Register for Free!

Collapse

Registration at Hosting Talk is completely free and takes only a few seconds. By registering you'll gain:

- Full Posting Privileges.
                      - Access to Private Messaging.
                      - Optional Email Notification.
                      - Ability to Fully Participate.
                      - And Much More.

Register Now, or check out the Site Tour and find out everything Hosting Talk has to offer.

Advertisment

Collapse

Working...
                      X